top of page
Gasquet Community Protection Project
Project goals include:
• Reduce wildfire hazards to people and infrastructure in the low-income community of Mvs-ye (Gasquet) and nearby communities of Tes-t'vm-dvn (Rock Creek) and 'En-chwa (Big Flat).
• Improve emergency ingress/egress and firefighter safety in the event of future wildfires.
• Improve the long-term resilience of forests within the project area.
• Reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions by maintaining forest carbon stocks and reducing wildfire size and severity.
• Increase fire prevention awareness, knowledge, and actions within the above referenced priority communities.
bottom of page